Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lets Touch on Fashion

The most repeated sentence from my mother is ''Fashion repeats itself''', she is so right. Another famous quote from my mother, ''I used to have something just like that'' which is probably the most frustrating line ever, in which I stubbornly reply ''why didn't you keep it''.


                                                 My mum epitomising the 80's

The late 80's-90's forever being my favourite fashion era seems to always be on trend (thank god). We have just spent summer, and now entering autumn with 70's vibes. As much as I adore wide sleeves and high waist flares (not that I could ever pull these off being 5ft3) I think it's almost time to part ways with the mustard and rusty tones and head back to the much loved 80's.

After LFW/NYFW it would seem that designers are digging the bold, vibrant colours and shapes from 80's. Dog tooth, shoulder-padded oversized blazers and decorative jumpers (very Andie Walsh). I'm not the biggest fan but I definitely won't be afraid to pull out my disco pants again. An 80's trend that I do 'dig' is the statement earring; so easy to incorporate in everyday clothing without trying to look much like an 80's enthusiast. However the 70's are still going strong, especially in the footwear department with chunky wedges, lace up heels and knee high boots. 

You can never go wrong with wearing black, which is why I'm pleased to see the ''wild child'' theme making an appearance (yet again) for AW15. With the likes of Saint Laurent and Alexander McQueen introducing black 'Gothic' style. I love it, and so easy to recreate with my 'go to' store H&M with their grungy divided collection, I'm forever finding dark statement pieces to repetitively wear for incredibly decent prices. 

                                     Saint Laurent, Versace, Alexander McQueen


What are you looking forward to wearing this season?

Thanks for reading!


Chloë X



Find me on my social media here:


No comments:

Post a Comment