Sunday, September 27, 2015

Same Sex Relationships

I watched a video a while back of a man suggesting how absurd it would be if schools were to teach children about gay relationships in Religious Studies or whatever lesson. It was really disgusting,the way he spoke about it, like it would poisoning young children, that we’d be implying that being with the same sex is normal. What he was saying was really offensive and VERY discriminating. He was clearly severely homophobic (although he denied that).

I then thought to myself  when I was younger I remember seeing same sex couple and thinking that it was wrong, because I'd never seen it before (I regret that now). But back then I didn’t understand that not everybody is the same and they didn’t have to be. I think now, that it should be compulsory to educate children on the topic. People are so against gay relationships because they’ve only been shown one way. People are afraid to say they’re attracted to the same sex because people are only taught that men and women should be together.  It’s so wrong that peoples feelings are suppressed due to social norms. It should change rapidly. I want my children (when I/If I have them) to be happy with who they love and feel comfortable with their sexuality, not anxious and worried of what others will think. Society will collapse in the future if people continue to look down on same sex couples and people are never told that it’s okay to be gay. It’s wrong on so many levels.

I think it is funny how 'gay' was/is used as a insult, I remember when I was younger replying to this with ''Gay means happy'' and I was right, I guess. I am straight, however I know what love is, and I know that if you are in a same sex relationship it must make you happy, so be it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being attracted to the same sex. You are who you are. It makes me sick that people have ended their beautiful lives because of the fear of people opinions/reaction to their sexuality. People should not have their emotions eat them up because society tells them that their feelings are corrupt. 


I think my generation is much more understanding of homosexuals however there is still a long way to go. You're a shitty person if you look at somebody differently, or your opinions change because somebody is dating somebody of the same sex. 
                                                   
Gay - ''light-hearted and carefree''

What's next?

Chloë X

Find me on my social media here:

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/chloedurant
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chloedurant

No comments:

Post a Comment