Wednesday, September 30, 2015

''Soon She'll Be Like a Book You Read a Long Time Ago''

I thought I could occasionally write about my favourite quotes, so here goes.

This one has to be my all time favourite from the film 'Endless love'. I think it is the utmost perfect way to look at a passed love. Either a good one or a bad I think it's perfect. Because books are books, they're written and they end, you can go back and read it over and over but the story won't change. If there's no happy ending the first time, why would it be any different if you go back. Getting over somebody can be, and usually is a long horrible process, worse if you know they're doing fine without you. The metaphor is a nice way to look at what is no more. It's beautiful, you see it as fond memory and there is nothing else to it. Sometimes love runs it's course but the memory of it can last. You can read the same book over a hundred times but the ending will always stay the same. So when you are toying with the possibility of being back with somebody maybe the best way to keep them is in thought, you could end up disappointed because there's nothing better than that first time feeling. 

I like to read, and I like love, the way I figure it is that reading a good book is like the way you fall in love; you only get that exquisite feeling of reading a new book once. Once you've finished it rereading it isn't the same but you can remember how that once felt and start to read a new one. (i.e fall in love again)

It gets easier and soon that person will be like a book you read a long time ago. A beautiful memory or completely irrelevant.
I'll conclude this post with another quote that I believe links quite well 
''When it’s over, leave. Don’t continue watering a dead flower.''
Thanks for reading.

Chloë X

Find me on my social media here:

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/chloedurant
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chloedurant

No comments:

Post a Comment