Sunday, January 31, 2016

Daily Make Up


I was asked on Tumblr to show you guys what make up I use. If you have any recommendations for what you want to hear leave a comment and I'll get writing!

I don't see myself as somebody who uses expensive make up. The majority of what I use is high-street and/or affordable. This post consists of what I tend to use daily so if you're interested keep reading.

Foundation for me is always such a struggle, I used to use Mac's Studio Sculpt but it started to make my skin quite spotty so on the hunt for something lighter I was introduced to No7's Stay Perfect. I love this foundation, where they colour match your skin for you the coverage is great. It's light and spreads really well (lasting a long time too). It's also super cheap currently priced at £14.50. If you want a light weight foundation that covers your blemishes without highlighting them, I'd recommend this to you, however it does get a little oily. To cover up blemishes and perfect my skin I use Make Up For Ever Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream which works wonders. It is oil free and long lasting so where my foundation is quite oily this somewhat mattifies(????) it. It sells at a very reasonable £21.00, I absolutely love it and would recommend it to everyone. (Not in this photo) but for my concealer I use Collection's Lasting Perfection in Fair as it's the palest concealer I've ever found and it's super cheap selling at £3.99.

I'm a lover of Sleek, I think it's super affordable and just in general a great brand. I have the Brow Kit in Dark and I absolutely adore it. I tend to only use the creme though as I don't think the powder works as well. This little kit comes equipped with two little brushes and mini tweezers which are all very handy and usable. I also use their i-Lust palette which is really lovely. The colours are glittery which I am LOVING at the moment, I tend to use the creme based colours as a somewhat base and then apply the glitter shadows on top so it stays on for much longer. My newest Sleek palette is an Eye & Cheek palette A Midsummer's Dream which includes Sunrise Blush, Suede Blush and Au Naturel i-Devine. The eye colours look as if they are browns but they are actually purples, and although this annoyed me at first the colours are very lovely and work very well together.

I think every girl should own at least one Naked palette (if you are into this kind of thing), this little one (Naked 2 Basics) is one of my favourites as it is what it is, basic nude shades and very reliable. I love a matte eye so this is perfect for an everyday subtle taupe/nude look.

For my cheeks I use Benefit's Hoola bronzer for I guess, a 'contour' and then Seventeen's Instant Glow Shimmer Brick. I've used this for a few years now and it still works a treat. It is a mix of a blush and bronzer and does make your face 'glow' which is marvelous.  

Benefit's They're Real mascara is my ALL time favourite. It is a huge pain to remove however the results are always incredible. £19.50 is quite pricey however I do think it's worth it for the incredible results and the length that the product lasts.

LIPS! I wear the same lipstick every, single, day. It's Mac's Satin lipstick in Spirit. I absolutely love it. However I think where I honestly wear it everyday, when I do try a new shade out I instantly don't like it. Satin are very long wearing and my personal favourite Mac lipstick finish. If you're looking for a darkish, brown nude shade for your lips I would recommend this. I usually tend to use Topshop's Ceramic lip liner but it does look lovely with a dark brown liner too. 

P.s. If you have any lip recommendations, please do leave a comment and let me know, I think I need to mix it up a little.

I have linked all my products below in case you're interested!

Thank you for reading,

Chloë X

Find me on my social media here:


LISTED PRODUCTS!
www.boots.com/en/Collection-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_1693350/
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123435007699_-1
www.boots.com/en/SEVENTEEN-Instant-Glow-Shimmer-Brick_1321239/
www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Foundation_1376459/
www.boots.com/en/Sleek-Makeup-Brow-Kit-Medium_1800921/
www.boots.com/en/Sleek-MakeUp-Eye-Cheek-Palette_1537819/
www.boots.com/en/Sleek-Makeup-i-lust-palette-the-gold-standard_1753300/
www.boots.com/en/benefit-hoola-bronzing-powder_2819/
www.boots.com/en/Benefit-Theyre-Real-Mascara_1231677/
www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/beauty-3326659/lips-471/lip-liner-715/lip-liner-in-ceramic-62055?bi=0&ps=20
www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Products/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick/index.tmpl
www.urbandecay.co.uk/naked/naked-colour/naked-2-basics-palette?gclid=CjwKEAiA_ra1BRDV-byb_aDqpQoSJAA-ofB9UHccyANj4_Sp_Ji0zdQHHFkE_sTmiSxGT4BEEdEwKRoCsHTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNGCu8Sp1MoCFWyUwgodKTwBPg




No comments:

Post a Comment