Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016

And goodbye 2015.

Entering 2016 with tonsillitis has not been ideal but it didn't stop me from spending my new years eve with the greatest of friends. I couldn't of spent it with better people, even though a tequila shot definitely nearly killed me and getting picked up by weird foreign people was bizarre. I ended a somewhat crappy year with my best friends getting roaring drunk, getting a little emotional at midnight and screaming the very few lyrics of 'Auld Lang Syne' that I actually know.

I don't do New Years resolutions, nobody ever seems to ever keep them and I don't think the entering a new year justifies a change, I mean if you want to do something different or new you can do it whenever you want, but that's just me. I can't think of a year when I've actually had one and don't think I ever will.

I had very high hopes for 2015, I made some great memories, saw so many incredible music artists, finally left education, fell out of love, fell in love, went on holiday with my lifelong best friend, work with a bunch of lovely people, went on our annual trip to Disneyland, went to Belgium, started this blog and met new people. I am very lucky and very thankful for all this. I keep these little yearly diaries with 365 pages, in which everyday I write a little something down, then, at the end of the year I read through to see what happened. This year it was a little book of negativity. It is so crap the bad days overrule the goodness in my life. Although there was so much beauty in 2015 there was shed loads of awfulness, that I don't really want to express on here. 

2015 went so fast, It was over in a flash. Here are some of my favourite memories of the year.

Ed Sheeran @ Wembely.
Honestly, some days I forget that I've seen Ed live. This day was so surreal. I had a nightmare with the tickets, I remember about a week before I realised that they had not arrived, after turning the house upside down I checked my conformation email only to see that I had incorrectly typed in my postcode. Worst. Day. Ever. Luckily it was all sorted out and we didn't miss out on one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Still feels too good to be true. Every concert I went to in 2015 blew my mind, Saint Raymond, The Vamps, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Honne and The 1975 some even twice, I had a great year for music and nothing makes me happier that hearing the beginning of my favourite song start and me drunkenly screaming 'YES YES YES'. There is nothing better.  


Week in Greece with my best friend
I hardly ever see my best friend anymore since I moved to Kent, so I am so grateful that this actually happened. It was the funnest and most hilarious week of my life. I wouldn't have wanted to go on this trip with anybody but her. Although getting covered in gnat bites and getting absolutely, horrifically drunk every night killed my immune system, it was insane. (Even though it took me about 3 weeks to recover).

Disneyland Paris 
Disneyland Paris is my favourite place in the whole world. I am so thankful for my parents bringing me up returning here every year (bar a few). It is so beautiful and magical. Although it looks like Summer we actually went in December, as per. It wasn't as festive as we hoped as the fake snow fell down with the brightest blue sky we'd ever seen. But it was incredible, there were queues no longer than 5 minutes, an employee actually traded one of his trading pins with me (first time in 6 years!!!!) and from the second we arrived I was the happiest girl in the world. I just fucking love it.

Thank you to everybody who made 2015 special, I wish each and every one of you all the best for 2016.

Happy New Year!

Thank you for reading.

Chloë X

Find me on my social media here:



No comments:

Post a Comment